warrenBack to The Lincoln Gap Covered Bridge Renovation
The bridge is located within the village Historic Residential District. The village stands in the folds of a jumble of short, steep hillocks, displaying a mix of old New England and Victorian architecture. The old mill dam stands a ruin downstream from the bridge.
The Town of Warren was chartered to John Throop and Associates on November 9, 1780. With the Mad River running through the center of the town, Warren developed as a mill town. The town hosted a hoe handle factory, a clothes pin factory, a dowel, chair stock and rolling pin mill, and the Warren Wooden Bowl factory. Walter Bagley, the builder of the Lincoln Gap Bridge manufactured clapboards in South Hollow for several years.
Joe Nelson, P.O Box 267, Jericho, VT 05465-0267, email@example.com
No part of this web site may be reproduced without the written permission of Joseph C.