caledonia county - sanborn cb
Lyndon Center, VT
WGN Number: 45-03-05
The Sanborn Bridge was moved from where it once crossed the Passumpsic River to Benjamin Sanborn's farm. The Sanborn is the last of the many Paddleford truss bridges that once crossed the stretch of river between Lyndon and St. Johnsbury. The others were destroyed by the 1927 flood.
Our thanks to the Town of Lyndon and the Village of Lyndonville for allowing the posting of the Vermont Covered Bridge Society Welcome patch. For more information about the Lyndon area visit their website at www.lyndonvt.org.
Credits: All pictures, information and descriptions are taken from Spanning Time Vermont's Covered Bridges by Joseph C. Nelson ©1997 and the World Guide to Covered Bridges - 1989Return to top Joe Nelson, P.O Box 267, Jericho, VT 05465-0267 This file posted 09/17/2014